How Much Does a Mini Goldendoodle Cost?
The miniature Goldendoodle, also known as mini Goldendoodle, is one of the warmest hybrid dogs ever, as it is known for its friendly nature. This breed of dog is a crossbreed of the Golden Retriever and the Miniature Poodle.
It is a very easy to maintain pet as it is easy to train. It is very faithful to its owners and you shouldn’t be surprised when it demands constant attention from you.
We will give you a brief idea about the physical appearance and characteristics of the mini Goldendoodle in the later sections of this article. First, we will tell you how much it cost you, to own this cute-looking hybrid dog.
How Much Does a Mini Goldendoodle Cost?
What is the average cost of the mini Goldendoodle? This is the most important question in the minds of the people who want to own this friendly and loyal dog.
The average price of this dog lies in the range between $1500 and $3500! However, the prices may not strictly fall in this range because it is affected by a lot of factors such as the following:
- Genetic type
There are four main genetic types of mini Goldendoodles, based on the percentage of their purebred parents’ species used for cross-breeding them. All of these types start with the letter, F, which stands for filial.
This is the genetic term used for classifying these dogs. Different genetic types of mini Goldendoodles are priced differently. The four genetic types of these Goldendoodles are:
- F1 – This is a first generation mini Goldendoodle that is crossbred using exactly 50% of Golden Retrievers and 50% of the other parent, miniature poodle
- F18 – This is a genetic type that results when a purebred poodle is mated with an F1 Goldendoodle. This puppy has 25% Golden Retriever and 75% Poodle genes.
- F2 – This is a puppy that is crossbred when 2 F1 Goldendoodles mate with each other. They contain 50% of Golden Retrievers and 50% of Poodle genes.
- F3 – When two F2 Goldendoodles breed with each other, it results in an F3 genetic type of dog.
The price of your mini Goldendoodle, therefore, depends on its genetic type.
- Physical features
How big and heavy is your mini Goldendoodle? This will determine its price in the market. The average maximum height of a mini Goldendoodle is 20 inches and its maximum weight is 50 pounds. One of the striking features of this hybrid dog is its coat.
It doesn’t shed its coat quite often and is a very easy to maintain animal. The texture and quality of the coat of the mini Goldendoodle depend on the genes of its parents. The beauty of the coat and the majestic physical appearance of the mini Goldendoodle decide the price that is quoted for it.
Different places have different rates applicable for pets, based on their local laws. The price of the mini Goldendoodle is no different from this. In some places such as Niagara, the price of a mini Goldendoodle is around $2500, whereas, in other places such as Bar C Kennels, the average price is around $1500!
- Who is the breeder
Who are you buying the mini Goldendoodle from? This will play a very important role in deciding the price of the dog. If you buy from responsible breeders who have enough experience in dealing with Goldendoodle breeding, you will have to pay a higher price than what you would have otherwise paid at the normal pet stores.
Though the prices are quite costly, it is highly recommended that you buy your mini Goldendoodle only from reputed, professional and experienced breeders only. You can be sure of getting the entire history of your pet, its medical conditions, details of vaccinations, and other important details from these responsible breeders.
- What all come with the package
Are you buying only the mini Goldendoodle from the breeder or are you buying a kit of services that include free vaccinations, health-checkups, dog food and other supplements? The price you pay vary based on the number of accessories that you get when you buy your pet mini Goldendoodle.
Some Interesting Facts about the Mini Goldendoodle
- They are hypoallergenic. They don’t shed their hair or fur, which make them one of the best pets for people with sensitive skin or pet allergies.
- They are fiercely obsessive about their owners. They are warm, friendly and demand constant attention from you. When left alone for a long period, the mini Goldendoodle may fall sick.
- Since they are very quiet and peace-loving dogs, they cannot be used as watchdogs. They don’t bark at all. They don’t react even when strangers enter your home.
- They are very active animals and need at least 30 minutes of physical exercises every day so that they don’t feel sick.
- They can be trained very easily, as these dogs have excellent grasping and memory power as well. You can make them obey you very easily.
- All you need to do is to brush and cut the coat of your mini Goldendoodle regularly, to keep it well-groomed. Also, get the proper shampoo for your Goldendoodle.
- If one or both their parents had any serious ailments, there is a high chance of these diseases getting transferred to the mini Goldendoodles as well. Some of the common health issues that these dogs are prone to are patellar luxation (dislocation of the knee), retinal atrophy (degeneration of the retina), Von Willebrand’s disease (blood clotting ailment) and gastric issues.
Before you proceed to buy a mini Goldendoodle, it is highly recommended that you do considerable research about the current pet prices in your location. Take note of the professional mini Goldendoodle breeders in your area and inquire them about the package that they offer you.
You should get your pet along with its health package, because this way, you can be sure that your dog will stay as healthy as possible. All of these will cost you a lot; however, it is worth every penny you pay for because it is associated with keeping your pet healthy and happy.